Last week as I headed for bed, I noticed
that the moon was not far off setting…and full.
This one is at f/6.3
But I do confess to lightening a bit.
as the crater, on the horizon, at 10 o’clock fascinates me.
Who would ever have thought the we could take such
detailed photographs of the moon
with consumer equipment.
Camera: Nikon D90
Lens: Sigma 50-500mm
Focal length: 500mm
Shutter Speed: 1/500
Aperture: f/6.3 & f/22
And the camera was hand held…probably with the aid
of a door or verandah post.
Black and White Challenge:
Anything that Flies from birds to airplanes.
I took Cee at her word this week…birds to airplanes.
was captured in South Africa.
O.R.Tambo airport, Johannesburg.
A few weeks back while reading a photography magazine
I saw a picture of a movie theatre with a single patron
waiting for the show to commence.
That shot inspired me to try to produce my own version.
I was pleased with my first result.
Originally posted on Uncle Spike's Adventures:
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil
is for good men to do nothing.”
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
We are normal, everyday hard-working people with a common hobby, blogging. We hail from far and wide. We reside in different lands, on different continents. We speak different languages, eat different foods, and are of varying ages, professions, and religious and cultural backgrounds.
We do have one thing in common…
We believe that terrorist attacks, wherever they may be perpetrated; whether in France, Tunisia, Canada, Iraq, or in Denmark, Turkey, UK, Algeria, Yemen, USA, Lebanon, or in the skies over Egypt, or in India, Saudi Arabia, Australia, Afghanistan, Nigeria, Kuwait, Libya, Bangladesh, Syria, or Mali are nothing less…
View original 434 more words
My contribution for this week’s challenge…
Before Ginger died, she was Maggie’s boss
and Soxie was backyard boss.
this bed…Maggie’s bed.
I suggested that Maggie should claim
More surprisingly she sat down on Sox.
it took a minute or two before Maggie moved…
Probably not…Soxie came back to bed and nose to tailed Maggie.
Maggie was taking deep breaths where
I would not dare to take shallow breaths! :-)
- Jane Lurie PhotographyAutumn Passage
- Mike’s PhoBlographyweekly-photo-challenge – Transition
- RuthsArcWeekly Photo Challenge – Transition
- Here, There, EverywhereEvening to Night
- scottseyephotosWeekly Photo Challenge: Transition
- The Eclectic EccentricTransition
- Piglet in PortugalThe Evolution of Man
- Forest GardenWPC: Transition
- Girls just like UsTransition
- Through Jersey EyesWeekly Challenge: Transition …
- Clicking through the bucket listWeekly photo challenge: transition
- pics from somewhereWPC: Transition
- Calling-all-RushBabesWeekly Photo Challenge : Transition..Building..to Ruin..to Building
- ….on pets and prisoners…..weekly photo challenge: transition
- follow the ant trailTransition Tokyo
- Passion through PoetryTransition
- Purple RosemaryTransition
- NewEnglandGardenAndThreadWeekly Photo Challenge: Transition
- la floralie 2166….As words disappear in the Winter air………irreplaceable lives transition. Paris tribute today
- LeyaWPC: Transition
- Chris Breebaart Photography / What’s (in) the picture?WPC: Transition (Rain Drops)
- PI Photography and Fine ArtWeekly Photo Challenge “Transition”
My contribution for this week’s
Kids or Pets with Toys
These are re-posts, but I think…
Although I am not sure that the ice-cream
container qualifies as a toy.