My contribution for this week’s challenge…
Doors from Geelong and Melbourne this week.
both found in Geelong.
the drab colours of old Melbourne
during last weekend’s Laneways walk.
I would have taken a full length shot except
wrought iron and solid wood door.
and Southern Cross Stations are
the railway doorways to Melbourne.
Eastern Victorian Rural trains carrying passengers
to Melbourne terminate at Flinders Street,
while Southern Cross Station caters for
passengers arriving from the west of the state.
meeting under the clocks at Flinders Street,
in mid last century.
However, today meeting under Flinders Street clocks
is still common.
Those who know better, several decades ago,
decided to upgrade the clocks to digital format.
I think this may have cost a clock winder his job.
I am fairly certain that public pressure brought about
a return of a digitally operated the clock face.
Flinders Street Station’s other claim to fame is that
was the first railway station in an Australia City
- Cynthia M VossPhoto Challenge: Another Door to Nowhere
- Simply PhotosJust A Drop
- What Rhymes with Stanza?Red, White and Blue
- Memory CatcherWeekly Photo Challenge: Door
- RAVEL WORDSLet the sun shine in…
- Ouch!! My back hurts!!DOOR!!
- Indifferent BeautyWeekly Photo Challenge: Door
- Dervish ImagesWeekly Photo Challenge – Doors
- Middleton RoadWeekly Photo Challenge: Door
- The Traveling Book Club’s BlogWeekly Photo: Door
- paintedwordsDoor to somewhere; door to nowhere
- DoorsWeekly Photo Challenge
- daysandmonthsDaily Post Photo Challenge: Doors
- The Mexi MovieWPC: The Doors are for afterwards
- decocraftsdigicraftsWPC Challenge: Art Deco Doors in Hastings.
- When the Door ClosesDoor
- Here, There, EverywherePhoto Challenge: Door
- Colonialist’s BlogSea-through doors
- Belo Horizonte daily photo:: WP Weekly Photo Challenge: Door
- A Simple Life Freely Chosen
- thriftyat60Weekly Photo Challenge: Door
- ILEANA PARTENIEWeekly Photo Challenge: Door
- A Sawyer’s DaughterWeekly Photo Challenge: Door
- whatsrightintheworldtodayStone Town, Zanzibar