~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Some of Tuesday’s Black and Whites in Colour.
Not sure whether to call this the Yacht Club, the Marina,
or play it safe and refer to the
You Yang (Ranges) in the background
Hope you enjoyed.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
My contribution for this week’s
Looking Down on Things
Rhine Falls is again the scene of this week’s post.
I cannot remember what they are.
This spot provides a good view of the falls and…
a good overview of its surrounds.
Black and White Tuesday
February 21, 2017
After our coldest February day in twelve years
it was a good excuse to run some
early morning errands, with camera in hand.
After a gloomy Sunday, Monday’s sunrise
was a non-event due to cloud cover.
However when the sun did break through it lit up some…
of the whites around the foreshore against a still gloomy sky.
Week 08, 2017
During my travels of last week I sighted this sign
outside a new home.
Glad I do not own that home.
Black and White Challenge:
When we first moved to Geelong, or maybe before,
we noticed this art work at the bay end of Moorabool Street.
No-one we asked seemed to know if it had a name
or when it was put there,
so we coined the name
‘The Sharks Teeth‘.
It was not until last year that a camera club member asked
what I was talking about.
Upon explaining he burst out laughing with
‘I’ve heard it called a lot of things, but never sharks teeth‘
Apparently they represent sails or sail boats.
This all makes sense as quite often there is a small flotilla
of sailing boats on the bay all crewed by children,
and therefore, I have not taken any photos of said boats
as they are usually close enough to shore
for the crew to be identified.
My contribution for this week’s challenge…
Against The Odds
On Valentines Day were asked to “double date’
(as MGW told her teenage girls at work) with
No. 1 Son and his Girlfriend.
Girlfriend said she had not had fish and chips
since arriving in Australia.
The venue was to be our place until Girlfriend decided
that fish and chips had to be eaten outdoors.
I thought we may have had a few seagulls for company, but…
when this sparrow alighted on our table and tried desperately
to pull a whole chip out of my hand, I knew
there was an unexpected photo opportunity
if I had my camera at the ready.
Not content with a chip, sparrow returned several times
to sample Girlfriend’s banana cake.
Sparrow and I both agreed that Girlfriend needs
more practise baking cakes and that we will be her taste testers 😀
Even though it was a bit chilly…
we have had a cool summer so far…
we all had an enjoyable evening out.
- The Land Slide PhotographyGravity
- Sara DoolittleAgainst the Odds – Me & The Bosun’s Chair
- Musings of a Random MindWeekly Photo Challenge: Against the Odds
- Rural Iowa PastorWeekly Photo Challenge: Against the Odds
- Musin’ With SusanA Photo A Day (but not every day)
- Against All Odds, Swimming Outdoors In The Midst of Winter – the Antimuseum in Paris (and beyond)
- Against the Odds: Wild Wave Pattern – Rebecca Wiseman Portfolio
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Against the Odds – redstuffdan
- Just SaraAgainst the Odds
- Survivor – Beyond the Window Box
- Cassie’s StoriesAgainst the odds
- Now Playing – Listening For Thunder
- The Wandering PoetNature’s endurance
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Against the Odds – Retrospect
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Against the Odds – Missionary IOU 差情尋
- A Walk in the GardenWeekly Photo Challenge: AGAINST THE ODDS