My contribution for this week’s challenge…
Against The Odds
On Valentines Day were asked to “double date’
(as MGW told her teenage girls at work) with
No. 1 Son and his Girlfriend.
Girlfriend said she had not had fish and chips
since arriving in Australia.
The venue was to be our place until Girlfriend decided
that fish and chips had to be eaten outdoors.
I thought we may have had a few seagulls for company, but…
when this sparrow alighted on our table and tried desperately
to pull a whole chip out of my hand, I knew
there was an unexpected photo opportunity
if I had my camera at the ready.
Not content with a chip, sparrow returned several times
to sample Girlfriend’s banana cake.
Sparrow and I both agreed that Girlfriend needs
more practise baking cakes and that we will be her taste testers 😀
Even though it was a bit chilly…
we have had a cool summer so far…
we all had an enjoyable evening out.
- The Land Slide PhotographyGravity
- Sara DoolittleAgainst the Odds – Me & The Bosun’s Chair
- Musings of a Random MindWeekly Photo Challenge: Against the Odds
- Rural Iowa PastorWeekly Photo Challenge: Against the Odds
- Musin’ With SusanA Photo A Day (but not every day)
- Against All Odds, Swimming Outdoors In The Midst of Winter – the Antimuseum in Paris (and beyond)
- Against the Odds: Wild Wave Pattern – Rebecca Wiseman Portfolio
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Against the Odds – redstuffdan
- Just SaraAgainst the Odds
- Survivor – Beyond the Window Box
- Cassie’s StoriesAgainst the odds
- Now Playing – Listening For Thunder
- The Wandering PoetNature’s endurance
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Against the Odds – Retrospect
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Against the Odds – Missionary IOU 差情尋
- A Walk in the GardenWeekly Photo Challenge: AGAINST THE ODDS