My contribution for this week’s challenge…
As soon as I brushed the cobwebs out of my eyes this morning
I knew the direction of this post.
was inserted into her kennel.
During the clean out, this piece of smelly frayed carpet,
which I have looked for on many occasion, was discovered.
It wasn’t because I was in the dog house, that I searched for it,
we were seeking padding for furniture when kids moved out.
from Ginger’s kennel than it did being extracted
from the rubbish bin this morning.
My favourite green windcheater/sweat shirt.
We moved from the farm nine years ago and
my two green windcheaters
are constant, comfortable reminders of the ‘good old days’.
held my constant companion up to the light
and I could see right through it.
(Focus on everything but the tear in the seam.)
About then I decided not to throw it out,
but to wear another one underneath…for warmth.
Summer is just around the corner 🙂
- scottseyephotosWeekly Photo Challenge: Fray
- PonderTheIrrelevantWeekly Photo Challenge: [Driving into the] Fray
- the greener benchKatrina
- the marmot postWeekly Photo Challenge: Fray
- WITH A FRENCH MAID FETISH WHILST MUSINGFRAY: What I think of when the word “fray” is mentioned
- ThirdeyemomFrayed Clothes and the Blue Sweater
- V A S T L Y C U R I O U SWeekly Photo Challenge: The Fray
- Soul Curry n RicePhoto Challenge
- SuyashChopraWeekly Photo Challenge: Okra in the ‘Fray’
- Arresting ImageryWeekly Photo Challenge: Fray
- ArtKorppiWeekly Photo Challenge: Fray
- Adèle d’AllerayWeekly Photo Challenge: Fray
- thechangingpaletteWeekly Photo Challenge: Fray
- LeyaWordPress Photo Challenge: Fray
- souvenirs of homeWhippet Fray
- Spirit in PoliticsPhoto Challenge: Reflection Frayed in Lake’s Mirror
- coolquiltingWeekly Photo Challenge:”Fray”
- Eats Writes ShootsFrayed ~ Poetic Gallery
- Mary J MelangeInto the Fray
- Life in the FoothillsFray – WordPress Photo Challenge
- Ken & LizWPC: Fray