As today is our winter solstice I thought it a fitting time to be reminded of warmer January weather. This pair of seagulls were photographed at the Warrnambool breakwater, South Western Victoria, in early January on a day when the temperature was at, or above, thirty degrees (Celsius), more than double the maximum temperature of the past week or so.
After passing their initial scrutiny…….
…….a quick discussion followed whereupon they decided to pose for me.
Seagulls are right up there in my favourite bird list.
Seagulls always appear to be a happy bird…..probably because they think there’s a chance of a feed……which is nearly always the case if I am around them. Alas not on this day.
Another thing I like about seagulls is their colours which are always crisp, clean and bright.
- Two Seagulls (forestsogreen.wordpress.com)
- seagulls, lost loves – i gabbiani, amori passati – Pescăruşi, foste iubiri (poezialuivaleriubarbu.wordpress.com)
- Sketch of the day no 37: Simon the Seagull (bulanlifestyle.wordpress.com)
- The Seagull (wordlander.wordpress.com)
- Seagulls (aditixpictures.wordpress.com)