Continued from parts 1 & 2 and 3
‘Mum’ suggested that they would be home by 9.30 and dad would come over to collect Jo. ‘Come for coffee’ I suggested. And so around nine we began to listen for Jo’s dad when suddenly there was a thump on the back door and a muffled yell above the television. Nothing like dragging the girl friend around the back, in the dark and thumping the back door to gain entry to the cave. Jo has got a lot of work in front of her if she sticks around.
Coffee produced some interesting information – at least I thought so. Jo’s dad works with wool. We both know my school mates from my Boarding School days and finally, he knows the husband of my first cousin. So there was a lot to talk about. I’m told that there were two pairs of young eyes glancing at each other and looking quite bored.
When queried about how the night went, the reply was ‘….. Good, good, …we didn’t pash or anything…’. At 1.00 AM his lordship was still awake – not to mention that his lordship’s father was not having a good night either. And it is all set for next Sunday night.
Oh Well! She’s nice. He’s nice. And taking a girl to church is certainly not usual. But, then again I have always said our son was a little on the weird side of normal!
Before our Number 1 son was born we were frequently told that “… it gets better after the first six weeks ….” It could only be the celibate who told me that and they must have had their heads must have had their placed firmly in the sand, or elsewhere.
- First Date – pt1 (woollymuses.wordpress.com)
- First Date-pt2 (woollymuses.wordpress.com)
- Life With a Tween-Pt 1 (prettywisewoman.wordpress.com)
I know that I am not the best writer in the world, my English teachers told me often enough during my school days.
However, there have been a few times when I have put ‘pen to paper’ during the course of this period called ‘Fatherhood.’ Usually these occasions are times, or events, which I have considered worth remembering.
Before you groan and pass on, points to remember are:
1. I try to write with humour.
2. I often am the butt of the humour.
3. I don’t like long passages of text myself, so will break my ramblings to small chunks here, as well as post each part on my Raising Boys page.
4. One of my earlier posts ‘Wedding Anniversary Treat‘ is a sample of my ramblings.
I am hoping that it has been forgotten is because it was one of my first posts. Only time will tell.
5. So, with that in mind, I promise not continue if there is no interest and unlike the ‘Good Book’ I will be seeking a lot more than just one soul in the blogger sphere to like my work before I continue.
If you are still reading, you may wish to click
‘Click Here ‘ to read part one of ‘The First Date’.