My contribution for this week’s challenge.
Again this week, the Great Ocean Road has provided inspiration. Almost hidden from tourist is the entrance to the Blow Hole. Waves pounding against this cliff face drive water into the cave/tunnel only to see it erupting above ground several hundred metres inland. A spectacular sight during rough seas.
Loch Ard Gorge, named after the ship which foundered a few hundred metres out to sea on a stormy night, is almost hidden from the ocean due to its narrow opening. Over to the far right, and also around the corner to the left are hidden caves well worth exploring. Age is catching up with me I think. Temperatures of over 40 degrees in the car park were much hotter once on the sand and away from any puffs of breeze. That day I hid in the shade! I was only out of the sun and not the heat.
- Hidden- Ailsa’s Travel Theme (vosperdruiter.wordpress.com)
- 9-7-13 Travel Theme: Hidden (quotidianhudsonriver.com)
- Travel Theme (Hidden) (mrscarmichael.wordpress.com)
- Travel theme: Hidden (litterthoughts.wordpress.com)
- Travel Theme: Hidden (francineinretirement.wordpress.com)
- Travel theme: Hidden (wheresmybackpack.com)
- Abstract Hidden Gem (bwphotochallengeentries.wordpress.com)