It was decreed that my mids-60s high school creation
was destined to be replaced with
something more appropriate.
To begin with it had to be just high and wide enough to sit on
and store anything wanted on a regular basis.
My first attempt was not good enough.
I built the frame as I measured but forgot to allow for the sides,
which would not have been a huge problem except that my lids
were of a fixed length and width…120 by 60 centimetres.
It’s amazing how much one or two centimetres
can throw out one’s creation.
By the time I began take 2, I had discovered some partially dressed
and recycled fence palings on Facebook
While looking a bit rougher than expected on the inside…
…after three or four coats of varnish,
to help protect it from the elements,
I thought it looked quite respectable
on the outside.