My contribution for this week’s challenge…
When we moved off the farm. in 2005, we moved
to an area that did not offer sewerage as a service.
We had to install our own water treatment plant or septic tank.
According to council/health regulations we had to provide
300 square metres of land for the treated water
to be sprayed on to our block or garden bed.
This patch of grass was the area.
Soon workmen were in establishing the area.
Adding some kind of sand to help with the absorption
of treated water to be sprayed thereon.
By 2013 we had seen some growth in our garden.
For a few years it was quite often more wet than dry.
However, it maybe since the boys moved out
and plants became established,
it is seldom wet under foot.
And about twenty minutes ago it looked…
just like this.
This part of our garden is known as the poo-pit.
Although the water which is sprayed on to it
is nearly as clear as tap water.