My contribution for this week’s challenge…
Part of Geelong’s Heritage listing are
these old red brick buildings
and it was a tradition to visit the Geelong sales
when your wool was due to be auctioned.
Those in power, in their wisdom have placed the buildings,
of which these are but a few, on a heritage list.
This means that the externals facade will
forever remain the same, but…
as this one, the purpose and interior can be remodeled.
In this instance this is the
Waterfront Campus of
Geelong’s Deakin University.
the connection to this gun which fired the first Allied shot,
from just across the Bay at Point Nepean, of World War I.
My Grandfather was part of that gun crew.
He went to serve on the Western Front in France and Belgium.
I plan to visit this area in a few weeks.
- castelsarrasinHeritage – Weekly Photo Challenge
- Heritage – weekly photo challenge – whowokemeup
- Chronicles of an Anglo SwissPhoto Challenge: Heritage
- myguiltypleasuresweekly photo challenge – heritage
- Healed of Cancer. Angela McCauleyAn Heritage of Potted Plants
- Half a photographHeritage
- Wordless Wednesday – Note to Traveler
- What’s cooking at the Blue Fox CafeHeritage
- Crochet Heritage |
- not my heritage – aleka art work
- Spirit in PoliticsPhoto Challenge: Michigan Monarch Pines’ Last Stand
- The Reluctant PhotographerHeritage: Venetian Masks
- Aditi UniverseHappy Birthday Norway
- The Wandering PoetHistory at Rizal Park
- UNGEMALTESWeekly Photo Challenge: Heritage
- Passing the Responsibility… – shivamt25
- Simply PhotosPassenger
- la parole a été donnée à l´homme pour cacher sa penséeHeritage – Weekly Photo Challenge
- This, that and the other thingWeekly Photo Challenge: Heritage…a cuppa
- Mittened HandsMosque of the Janissaries
- Madame ZenistaHeritage – from mother to daughter…
- Chinese Style Street Dance – From Hiding to Blogging