My contribution for this week’s challenge…
My topic may not be exciting but it is certainly welcome.
We were due for a change – rain – over night…mid-night
according to the Weather Bureau.
I opened a door at 0400 and all I could smell
was smoke from fires in the general area.
Lorne (2-3 hours drive away) is a popular
coastal holiday destination this time of year and
is surrounded by fires at the moment.
An evacuation order has been implemented.
Since 4 AM we have had a welcome 10 mm of rain
The green turf is facing its second summer and appears
decidedly healthier this morning after a natural watering.
Yesterday in 35 degree temps they were seeking
the coolest spot in the yard.
and that sky holds promise of some more rain….hopefully.
- Through Jersey EyesWeekly Challenge: Now …
- Le Drake NoirNow or never
- scillagraceWeekly Photo Challenge: The Present Moment – Now
- LeyaWPC: Now
- Musings of a Random MindWeekly Photo Challenge: Now
- Chris Breebaart Photography / What’s (in) the picture?Now
- Writings from the MeadowWeekly Photo Challenge – Now
- Laura ZA Jigsaw Puzzle
- Angelina HueLook now, don’t snap
- decocraftsdigicraftsWPC: The Here and Now
- Reflections and Nightmares- Irene A Waters (writer and memoirist)Now: Weekly Photo Challenge
- Journeys with JohnboWeekly Photo Challenge – Now
- MIZ ROKET’S BLOGWeekly Photo Challenge: Now (with words)
- Les Petits Pas de JulsWeekly Photo Challenge: Now
- Poems From Oostburg, WisconsinNOW Photo Challenge
- Tsumetai SoraTeraz
- thechangingpaletteA Christmas Card
- Nes Felicio PhotographyFull Moon on Christmas Day
- Adhika LieBest of 2015
- A mom’s blogWeekly Photo Challenge : Now
- The Wandering PoetDP Photo Prompt ~ Last night and now
- there once was wanda ~Now … once
- From Hiding to BloggingNow – All Hearts Have Arrived Home !
- stenoodieWeekly Photo Challenge: Now