My contribution for this week’s challenge…
My most annoying “Oops” moments this year are
due to exposure of my photos.
to expose the foreground, my camera settings were:
1/100; f/6.3; ISO 400
However, less than a minute later after
walking around the corner into sunshine,
the same settings resulted in this catastrophe.
1/100 f/6.3 ISO 400
Altering the f stop to f/20 made the shot look a lot better.
1/100 f/20 ISO 400
These three shot were taken at
The Big Dig Archaeology Education Centre
at or near The Rocks in Sydney.
My other “Oops” moment is also exposure related
but caused more by swapping cameras.
1/50 f/5 ISO 100
1/160 f/13 ISO 100
I like to under expose my shots a little and tend to focus on the dotted exposure line in the view finder.
Nikon D90 shots are under exposed when the indicators bars
are on the right of centre on the dotted line,
both in the back panel and the viewfinder.
The first garden shot was not too bad in comparison
Recently I have picked up my D7100,
because it had the ‘right lens’ on it,
and made sure all my exposure indicators
were on the right side of zero,
with disastrous results.
- Mon beau manoirWeekly Photo Challenge : Oops !
- Listening For ThunderOff The Rails
- Mirth and MotivationWeekly Photo Challenge: Oops!
- Kruti MehtaOops and she fell asleep
- tassitusWP Weekly ~ Oops!
- Patchwork PonderingsOoops ~ WP Photo Challenge
- Chasing Serenity with a LensWeekly Photo Challenge: Oops
- Writings from the MeadowWeekly photo challenge – Oops
- Writing Between the LinesBeating Montezuma at His Own Game
- 100 Days of SunshineOops!
- invisible2001WPC: Oops!
- The Daily BlabberOy Vey
- Stupidity HolePoor Egg
- tybeetabbyDP Weekly Photo Challenge: Oops
- Reflections and Nightmares- Irene A Waters (writer and memoirist)Oops in Nov & Dec 2015: Weekly Photo Challenge
- ThirdeyemomCuster State Park: Beware of Bison Crossing
- Journeys with JohnboWeekly Photo Challenge – Oops!
- Reflections for my SoulWP PHOTO CHALLENGE: OOPS
- stenoodieWeekly Photo Challenge: Oops!
- andy townendoops!
- decocraftsdigicraftsWPC: Oops Moments