Cee’s Compose Yourself Challenge
I have chosen a variety of shots this week
commencing with some wildlife shots.
With all shots I have posted the cropped versions first…except
for the first two which are both originals,
one being cropped when taken.
but the are of the same scene and
I think the top photo is the pick.
Although an original shot the top image was cropped
when shot to remove the grasses shown in the second image.
Stripping away extraneous matter from this shot
actually loses some of the impact, I think.
I thought it more exciting when we could see
how close to our vehicles she was.
It’s not often one has the opportunity to
She was just ‘around the corner’ in long grass close to the road.
Everybody jumped when she hoped up to get out of our way.
However, as she turned her head and appeared
to look straight down the camera lens,
there were goose bumps on my arms.
No need for a telephoto lens she was only
about fifteen to twenty feet from us.
via depth of field, however, there are a few distractions
particularly around its head and beak.
Initially I thought our black Agapanthus would
look okay with this crop.
Then I tried this and think it is better.
Both are a vast improvement on the original.
I often hear people talk about darkening
part or all of the background.
I assume it is a fairly quick process,
I just have not mastered it as yet.
At the moment that would take me longer
- Cee’s Photo Challenge: Simplicity | tybeetabby
- Cee’s Compose Yourself Photo Challenge Week 4…Simplicity | This, that and the other thing
- Simple Dandelion Thoughts | NihongoJapango
- COMPOSE YOURSELF: NOT AS EASY AS IT LOOKS | SERENDIPITY
- Cee’s Compose Yourself Photo Challenge: Week #4 – Simplicity | A Trivial Mind At Work
- Fire Beacon | Travel with Intent
- Keeping it Simple (Cee’s Compose Yourself, Week 4) | lifelessons – a blog by Judy Dykstra-Brown
- Simplicity in Nature – for Cee’s challenge | Weakly Thoughts
- Cee’s Compose Yourself Challenge – Week 4, Simplicity | Julie Powell – Photographer & Graphic Artist
- Going in to space… | Thirty Summers
- CCY Simplicity | by Hanni
- Cee’s Compose Yourself (CCY): Simplicity | The MomHood
- The Simplicity Of It All….. | Spiritual Dragonfly
- Simplicity | 125mileradius
- Cee’s Compose Yourself Photo Challenge: Week #4 Simplicity | venturesinphotos
- Simplicity in Nature Photography | Shannon’s Creative Work
- CCY photo challenge: Simplicity | PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS
- CEE’S COMPOSE YOURSELF PHOTO CHALLENGE: WEEK #4 SIMPLICITY | Indira’s Blog
- Photo Composition – Simplicity (What Not To Do) | Park Preview
- Simplicity. Elegance of Fowl. | Michelle Lunato Photography
- The Search for Simplicity | Shedding Light
- Simplicity | Little Wild Streak
- Simplicity isn’t always simple! | 50 Shades of Gray Hair