My contribution for this week’s challenge…
Nature rules my offering again this week.
six or eight swans flying inland (north)
during warm to hot weather.
We began to note that within a day or two
our warm weather would have turn cold and wet.
those same swans would be battling their way
south into a head strong south wind.
And the sun would begin to shine.
The swans, or our forecasts, became a bit of a joke among us.
We began to watch how fast they were flying
(I resisted the urge to say flapping their wings).
Flying at Sunday drive speed meant we had
two to three days before the weather changed.
If they were moving along like a hoon driver
bad weather was upon us by day’s end.
is the Acacia (Wattle) trees commencing to bloom.
Most Acacias bloom in July or August and have always
been noted as a sign that spring is just around the corner.
accentuate the pony tails in this photo,
this sky has always been a fore runner of a change of weather.
It was taken half an hour before the ibis shots at the top of this post.
The sighting of these ibis heading inland, and this sky,
may have been co-incidence,
however we did experience two of our coldest
September days in over twenty years a few days later.
- Julie Powell – Photographer & Graphic ArtistWPC – Change
- Photos by LRose
- Passion through PoetryBreaking Sun
- littlegirlstoryChange – Keep Calm and Carry On
- pour une seule noteWeekly Photo Challenge : Change
- la parole a été donnée à l´homme pour cacher sa penséeChange – weekly photo challenge
- A lot from LydiaAutumn Day Three
- Passion through PoetryChange
- Mirth and MotivationWeekly Photo Challenge: CHANGE
- NewEnglandGardenAndThreadWeekly Photo Challenge: Change
- Nature on the EdgeFire: Regenerating Fynbos
- Tanza-LongsWeekly Photo challenge: Chameleon Change
- Third Person TravelChange-DP Photo Challenge
- Susan RushtonWeekly photo challenge: change
- Memory CatcherWeekly Photo Challenge: Change
- The Ambitious DrifterChange Is The Same
- PonderTheIrrelevantWeekly Photo Challenge: After the Scaffolding
- The Daily BlabberChanges
- SeasonedSistah2Weekly Photo Challenge – September 24, 2015
- The Snow Melts SomewhereAutumn
- ArtKorppiChange / WPC
- Wind Against CurrentChange
- 50 Shades of Gray HairBrother can you spare some CHANGE?
- Opal ReflectionsWeekly Photo Challenge: Change
- Hiking Madness – Hiking in UK and elsewhereChange