My contribution for this week’s challenge…
A drive into Geelong this week and this is one of the first things we spied…
Parked outside a church as the bride and groom were leaving.
A different bridal car, perhaps…and a relic from my days in London.
I have posted this on a previous occasion, my Father’s barometer. He lived by this piece of technology and it still works as well as ever. Just a bit worse for wear.
The opulence of Geelong’s waterfront hides the relic on the hill. In my youth the Geelong cement works was a major industry in Geelong and no doubt provided a great deal of employment in the area.
Now it stands abandoned with several projects to bring it to life either on hold or also abandoned.
More information read “Abandoned” and “Foggy_Monday”
- Morrighan’s MuseRelic
- Stefano SchedaWeekly Photo Challenge: Relic
- Empire of LightsZwischen Baum und Borke
- Let the great wheels spinWeekly photo challenge: Relic
- Khana’s WebWeekly Photo Challenge: Relic #2
- Foto ChallengeWeekly Photo Challenge: Relic
- Tanza-LongsWeekly Photo Challenge: Relic (Angkor Wat)
- Nola Roots, Texas HeartWeekly Photo Challenge: Relic
- A Hedonistic WanderJakarta Old Town: Reborn
- just a piece of afrikaWeekly Photo Challenge: Relic
- Wright Outta NowhereWeekly Photo Challenge: Relic
- Maverick MistWPC – Relic
- Retired2TravelWeekly Photo Challenge: Relic
- 12 Monate, die vielleicht mein Leben verändernWPC: A little piece of childhood
- That Montreal GirlRelics in Central America
- Tim Wolverson – PhotographyPompeii
- Draw a photoTime
- Finale to an EntranceWeekly Photo Challenge: Relic
- Tripping the Light FantasticWPC: Relic (II)
- Lucid GypsyA Truck with a Past
- ILEANA PARTENIEWeekly Photo Challenge: Relic
- Moersalin’s BlogWPC: Relic
- Tales of a slightly stressed Mother!Weighing the scales. (Weekly photo challenge)
- Eyes to HeartPrairie Relics
- Lulu’s MusingsRelic: Weekly Photo Challenge