My contribution for this week’s
Water: Rivers, Waterholes
Our last day included a cruise on Olifants River, but no-one chose to have a swim
As we drew closer we changed our minds…again no swimming
Previously we had stopped on an evening game drive at this waterhole. our guide did tell us there was a crocodile in the water and proceeded to set up for sundowners only about twenty feet from the water. Seeing he claimed Irish heritage, he may have been pulling our collective legs…but I was not going to call his bluff. 🙂
The fish and birds seemed to survive.
Well…the fish didn’t quite survive for much longer.
This waterhole is barely one hundred metres from Sausage tree Safari Camp’s breakfast / dining area.
Many animals came to pose for us here.
We spotted this waterhole while on a game drive. Once again our guide told us that it was rare to actually see a giraffe drinking as they are most vulnerable when their head is down. I think this one may have been short-sighted or deaf as it continued its downward movement and took a long drink before whipping its head up in surprise…at noticing us or hearing a noise which we didn’t.
- Cee’s photography Challenge : Mother Earth series, Water | simplyvegetarian777
- Cee’s Fun Foto Challenge: Water | A mom’s blog
- Venice Blues | Travel with Intent
- Cee’s Fun Foto Challenge: Water | Ritva’s Art – Photography
- Cee’s Fun Foto Challenge – Water | Lins Doodles
- Cee’s Fun Foto Challenge: Water | Photographs by James Collett
- Cee’s Fun Foto | “On Dragonfly Wings with Buttercup Tea”
- Cee’s Fun Foto Challenge: Water | My Life Lived Full