My contribution for this week’s challenge…
Standing tall over Geelong West is the abandoned Cement Works.
As seen here right on the edge of suburbia. When it closed there was talks of converting the towers in to apartments, however, I think this idea has also been abandoned.~~~
that there has only been one group…
of citizens at work around here of recent times.
In hindsight this was probably one of the first major industries to abandon Geelong. Since then wool sales have moved to Melbourne’s Western Suburbs, Ford announced the closure of its Geelong manufacturing plant and Alcoa’s Point Henry Smelter is another employer to announce its impending closure within the past six months.
- Weekly Photo Challenge2: Abandoned Farm, Kangaroo Island | The Ambitious Drifter
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Abandoned | Memory Catcher
- Time Marches On | Isadora Art and Photography
- Abandoned Pit of Nightmares | Exploratorius
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Abandoned | Rural Iowa Pastor
- Weekly photo challenge: Abandoned | An Enchanted Eye
- weekly photo challenge: abandoned | Musings of a Random Mind
- Weekly Photo Challenge Abandoned | Light Words
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Abandoned | Stefano Scheda