My contribution for this week’s
Word of the Week Challenge…
Today I decided to drive back through Victoria’s Western District to visit friends and relatives. One of the noticeable landmarks on the journey is Mortlake’s Mount Shadwell.
At 1430 this is the view I usually see when visiting Mortlake…a nice clear view of the Mount and its associated communication relay towers.
However, five hours earlier, with maximum temperature forecast in the low thirties…
my view was out of context with warmer summer weather and my ‘normal’ view of Mt Shadwell. This shot was taken at 0920 this morning, Friday, January 31.
Mortlake is known as Australia’s olivine capital. Olivine, also known as peridot and chrysolite, is formed seventy to eighty kilometres under ground and is brought to the surface by massive volcanic eruptions.
More Information here: http://www.abc.net.au/local/photos/2012/01/19/3411089.htm
- A word a week photo challenge: context | It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see – Thoreau
- A Word A Week Challenge: Context | Edge of the Forest
- A word a week photography challenge- context | Things We Know; Things We Like
- A Word a Week Photo Challenge : Context | Memories are made of this
- A Word A Week Challenge – Context | Books, Music, Photography & Movies : my best friends
- A Word A Week Photograph Challenge – Context | Kauniiksi katsottu – Seen as Beautiful
- A Word A Week Photography Challenge : Context | imagination
- The Island of Astipalaia | Foto Challenge
- A Word A Week Photograph Challenge : Context | Hamburg und Mee(h)r
- The Word this Week: Context | A New Day
- A Word a Week Challenge: Context | TRAVEL WORDS
- A Word in your Ear: Context – The A & P Show, Hastings 2013 | decocraftsdigicrafts
- Context | @vannilla
- A Word A Week Photograph Challenge – Context | nowathome
- A Word A Week Photo Challenge – Context | Ese’ s Voice