Bourke’s Luck Potholes
Bourke’s Luck Potholes have been created by the meeting of the Treur (river of sorrow) and Blyde (river of joy) rivers.
Smooth red and yellow layers in the rocks, contrast with the dark pools below which have taken thousands of years of swirling, raging water to form strange cylindrical sculptures…..one of the most phenomenal geological phenomenon in South Africa.
Although he found none, the site is name after a local prospector who predicted the presence of gold.
Being there also helped 🙂 Thanks to MGW for her photo.
This terrapin shell also appears to have been created layer by layer.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Layers (inkhammer.wordpress.com)
- weekly photo challenge: layers (wisemonkeysabroad.com)
- Daily Post Photo Challenge – Layers (linsdoodles.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Layers (randeebergen.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Layers (curlybug.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Layers (belgianstreets.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photography Challenge: Layers (dawnblanchard.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Layers (decocraftsdigicrafts.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Layers (notesbynatalie.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge : Layers (giberson9.wordpress.com)