This post is for firstandfabulous and robsreallife who both commented on seeing another animal shape in my last Which Way post.
A couple of other readers made similar remarks. I did promise to post my most embarrassing ‘sighting’ in Kruger National Park.
Our driver stopped to point out the rhino in the distance. I was quite adamant that I had a rhino in sight…the small scrubby tree right in the middle of the photo! After noting that my fellow travellers were pointing/looking in another direction I trained my lens on my “rhino” only to see that it was a tree… 😦
…it was actually a hundred metres to my right. Oops!
It wasn’t the only Oops I had during the trip.
It was hot and the heat haze did not help…at least that’s my excuse. Fortunately we had much closer sightings later on in our travels.
- South Africa loses 100 rhinos in a month (skynews.com.au)
- Rhino poaching hits new record in South Africa (theguardian.com)
- There “used to be” Rhinos (woollymuses.wordpress.com)
- Kenya to microchip every rhino’s horn… (telegraph.co.uk)
- Rhino Poaching Deaths Set For Record High (dailydailynews.wordpress.com)
- Rhino horn poaching reaches new record in South Africa (abc.net.au)
- Goin on Safari! (majtravelblog.wordpress.com)
- Experts were right: rhino toll could be 1,000 before 2013 ends (thestar.blogs.com)
- Prince William, David Beckham Join Battle to Save Endangered Rhino’s (kevinscatalog.wordpress.com)