My contribution for Word of the Week Challenge this week.
My immediate thoughts of something ‘ornate; was of something man-made. However, the definition of ‘ornate‘ states that it is ‘…something made in an intricate shape or decorated with complex patterns…’
I think this small succulent fits the definition of ornate. It is only 4-5 centimetres wide and yet is it has a dozen or more delicately arranged ‘petals’ neatly surrounding its centre.
Ornate curves, swirls and patterns were incorporated in the design of this one hundred year old building; a feature not included in modern architecture.
- A Word A Week Challenge: Ornate (shootngo.wordpress.com)
- A word a week challenge – Ornate (jansideas.wordpress.com)
- Word a Week challenge – Ornate (freckledstrawberry.wordpress.com)
- A Word A Week Challenge : Ornate (caughtbytheeyeofmankind.wordpress.com)
- Word A Week Challenge – Ornate (perceptivepotcluelesskettle.wordpress.com)
- A word a week challenge: ornate (mylittleriojournal.wordpress.com)
- A WORD A WEEK CHALLENGE – ORNATE – Week 44 (suellewellyn2011.wordpress.com)