Although I will schedule this for Sunday, September 1st, Father’s Day (in Australia), it is still late Saturday night at the time of writing.
Number One son was home for the weekend and late last night I was invited to a Saturday morning Father’s Day breakfast by Number One son.
The chosen venue was a recently opened eatery just out of Geelong, which I had visited on several occasions but never for more than coffee.
Breakfast was a magnificent array of eggs, bacon, sausages, baked beans, mushrooms, tomato and a hash brown.
It was certainly a very nice way to begin Father’s Day weekend. Needless to say after a breakfast like this not much else was wanted for the rest of the day.
So a very big thank you to Number One son, and a happy Father’s Day to all other Dads wherever you are.
Update: Sunday night, 2030
Just arrived home from a twilight football match to find that Number Two son, who I had not seen this morning, had left me a card stating that I am his hero and that he loves me to bits.
You just have to love them and be proud of these two young men.
- Happy Father’s Day 2013 (sorellaandme.com.au)
- Fathers Day is almost here….. (mummaandmila.wordpress.com)
- Father’s Day (shmevadownunder.wordpress.com)
- Father’s Day (merriwonglibrary.wordpress.com)
- Trove Tuesday – Fathers’ Day (mhsociety.wordpress.com)
- Father’s Day Aebleskivers (angiepedersen.typepad.com)
- Father’s Day Mini Sessions (kellidphotos.com)
- Father’s day (slideshare.net)
- Fathers Day Gift Ideas-Top 3 Treatments to pamper your dad (ayurve.wordpress.com)
- Give Dad a Break For Father’s Day (pacific.scoop.co.nz)