José Paronella’s dream was to build a Spanish Castle in Australia
After purchasing 5 hectares of land along the Mena Creek, near Cairns, Queensland, Australia, and a lot of hard work his dream was realised.
Part of José’s dream was to provide enjoyment for other people. There was a ball room, a meadow for children to play in and movies were shown every Saturday night from this tower.
Paronella Castle is now a tourist attraction which I found to be thoroughly enthralling to visit.
While it is noe only a ruin, which suffers from flooding and cyclones it was, during the Second World War Paronella was a destination for soldiers on Recreation Leave.
Read my ‘Masterpiece‘ links at the end of the related articles, for more information.
If interested, there is also at least one more Paronella post to come next week.
- A Word A Week Challenge: Castle (suzie81.wordpress.com)
- A Word a Week Challenge: Castle (schelleycassidy.wordpress.com)
- A Word A Week Challenge: Castle (nostalgiaactivated.wordpress.com)
- http://lovelifeandhappyeverafter.com/2013/07/30/would-you-rather-tag/ –
- A Word A Week Photo Challenge – Castle | Ese’ s Voice
- Weekly Photo Challenge ~ Masterpiece (woollymuses.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge ~ Masterpiece 2 (woollymuses.wordpress.com)
- Paronella Park – WoW – Mena Creek, Australia (travelpod.com)