I have been caught short for this week’s Black and White Challenge. I had planned another post, which will now have to wait.
My contribution consists of iPhone, iPod, Kodak and Nikon photos so quality varies.
MGW found this iPhone camera-shy kangaroo and her not so shy joey, at the Ballarat Wildlife Park when we took our Canadian friends for a visit in January this year.
The Wildlife Park is a recommended tourist attraction for any one wishing to view, and handle, Australian wild life.
These brothers were born in early 2012 at the Gold Coast’s Dreamworld theme park. They were about three months old when we visited in July 2012.
One of the cubs was a real villain and constantly stirred his sibling. He was also a problem for his handler when the cubs were brought out of their enclosure for us to pat, for a short time.
We had opted to take a Tiger Walk and seeing and being able to pat these little ones was a total bonus.
before it opened, with the most beautiful cat in the world….Sita.
Now to the family of the moment!
During my farming life a member of the Spur Winged Plover family was usually seen sporting a ‘broken’ wing in order to lure us away from a nest, or young ones. So I was quite surprised to see a pair raise some young in our front yard, or the front yard across the road.
If I had to make a complaint about noisy neighbours these two would top the list…by far. I would only ever see the Spur Wing Plovers at a distance on the farm and wondered about the name Spur Wing. Now I know and I have to drive past them nearly six months of the year.
They must be building their nest, such as it is, at the moment as they are extremely noisy. We can hear them over the TV and from the comfort of our bedroom in the wee hours of the morning. It’s like they follow us around…!!
Sonel’s Black and White Weekly Photo Challenge : FAMILY (sonelcorner.wordpress.com)
- Black and White Weekly Photo Challenge : TOYS (jobryantnz.wordpress.com)
- Sonel’s Black & White Photo Challenge: Nature (hanginoutwithgod.wordpress.com)
- Black and White Tuesday: Toys (woollymuses.wordpress.com)
- Black and White Tuesday-Bridges (woollymuses.wordpress.com)
- Phoneography Challenge: Black and White (lensandpensbysally.wordpress.com)
- Black and White Weekly Photo Challenge : Family (sonelcorner.wordpress.com)
- Black and White Photo Challenge: Family (cocobabylove.wordpress.com)